Last update: 10/04/2012.
Readme for USB CCID PC/SC driver for Windows CE 4.x And 5.0.
Gemplus CCID Smart card reader drivers for Windows CE 4.x And 5.0.
Version 126.96.36.199, October 2004.
See license.txt for End-User License Agreement.
This readme file is specifically written for the above-mentioned
driver version. Before proceeding, you might want to check whether a
later driver version is available from support.gemplus.com
This package contains the CCID device driver for all Gemplus CCID (and only) smart card readers.
With this package, you can:
- (more dedicated to end-users)
Add the support for a Gemplus CCID smart card readers to an existing x86 based Windows CE 4.x or 5.0 device.
NOTE : this device MUST have the USB and SMCLIB layers installed !
- (more dedicated to integrators) Add the support for a Gemplus CCID smart card readers to your Windows CE 4.x platform you are currently building with Platform Builder.
- A WinCE 4.x / 5.0 platform based on a x86 processor architecture,
- A Gemplus CCID reader
This package has been successfully tested on a Windows CE 4.1, 4.2 and 5.0 CEPC with the following Gemplus CCID smart card readers :
- GemPC Twin (USB)
- GemPC USB-SL
- GemPC Key
- Gem e-Seal
- Gemplus Keyboard USB Pro
If you intend to use this driver with a different configuration (such as a non x86 platform), please contact the support at the address indicated at the very end of this document.
- (more dedicated to end-users) Add the support for a Gemplus CCID smart card readers to an existing x86 based Windows CE 4.x or 5.0 device.
- Platform Builder notes
USB and SMCLIB layers have to be manually included into the Platform Builder project. In order to use these layers you have to include :
- SmartCard Component
- SCM Microsystem SCR300 - USB Smart Card Reader
- USB Host Component (UHCI). This component can only be included if 2.b) has been done.
Then you can include GemCCID.dll and GemCCID1004.reg into PB project. GemCCID.reg declares the GemPCTwin, GemPCUSB and GemPCKey readers. This file has to be included into the Platform Builder project if you want the Gemplus CCID smartcard reader to be automatically recognized by the platform when plugged in. Otherwise, Windows CE will prompt you for a filename, type in "gemccid" in this case.
- Release notes
- Version 188.8.131.52: This is the initial driver version.
- Version 184.108.40.206: Last version. The modifications done on the driver do not modify functional behaviour. Only registering method has been modified.
- User notes (known deviations)
Cold Reset Delay Option is not used by the driver. Whatever the value,
the driver will not apply any delay during Cold Reset.
When an USB composite device, such as a keyboard with an embbeded smart card, is plugged, only one USB device is functionnal.
This is a known limitation for Windows CE versions <= 4.1, Windows CE 4.2 or 5.0 must be used instead.